Saturday, November 19, 2016

And It Begins

Even though I was born and raised in one of the most conservative areas in the country, I've always had a mindset different from the rest. My mom has always raised me to believe women can do anything a man can do and, more than likely, better. Being raised by a single mom and never seeing her depend on anyone, especially a man, solidified the feminist idea to me (even though I didn't know what that was at the time). I found out quickly most other young girls and boys did not get the same lessons from their parents. Since my late teens, I have frequently vented to my mom how frustrated I am with the "a woman should stay in her place" mentality coveted by many in the Ozarks. I wanted to escape to one of the coasts. Well a few weeks ago, she asked me, "Why run away from all of the ignorance when you can SHOW them what women can do?" Right then I had a light bulb moment!
In this blog, I will interview women in the Ozarks who have made a difference for women and the community by collaborating, taking charge, and being an overall badass.

3 comments:

  1. Good read Corey! I am always inspired by bad ass women! ;) You're Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, Ruby! You're awesome, too! I'm sure you'll get an interview invite here soon :)

      Delete