Friday, November 25, 2016

What's up, bra?

Let's get straight to the point, what is the deal with the mysterious yet still revealing bra? Not only are they the most accepted product used by women but advertised for the pleasure of men (I don't care how much wind breezes past the model wearing your product, I care if it will keep all my goods in one spot), but it also provides some great material for slut shaming by other women (blog to come).

Well folks, guess what! Bras are not as magical as most of us think. According to a study done over 15 years with 330 women, bras just make your boobies more sad 😢 (IFLScience). Per this study, bras don't allow breasts to create supporting breast tissue, resulting in more sag than what would have taken place without a lifetime of money spent at Victoria Secret. So in you and me terms, without bras, boobs adapt to gravity...SCIENCE!

This doesn't mean I'm going to quit wearing shoulder boulder holders (I'm already balls deep in believing "bras make you look better"), but it is nice to know when you're being taken advantage of by a multi-billion dollar company. This can also be seen with razor blades, shaving cream, and the brand new Bic Pens for Her (blogs to come).

Also, by no means should all women take off their bra, take a quick stroll to the burn pit and throw it in there. In my opinion, if a bra makes you feel comfortable then wear it (I will be). On the other hand, if you are more comfortable without one, then I applaud you for taking that extra step towards saying "F you society and bra industry" (intentionally or not). 👌

I hope all could find some insight from this. Be proud of your body, perky or saggy!

Sincerely,
Hillbilly Feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment